Friday, May 10, 2013

Behind the Video Art

" Day Dream ... DAY DREAM. I fell asleep beneath the flowers, for a couple of hours, what a beautiful dayyy "

SO this project helped me realize that I like editing. When I have a clear vision I enjoy creating the video project and seeing it come to life. I was inspired by my own feelings of being in a dream parts of the day. I often feel as if I am experiences the world in a dream, an alternate reality, and I know many people have those dazed days. I wanted to show have juxtaposing shots of the same space in the daylight and a night, to communicate the idea of the dream state and reality merging. The light being whole one is awake, and the night being while someone is dreaming. However, it is a mix in my film, and each shot has been edited to portray the similarities between the two states.

The music was created to add a sense of contemplation, just being in your mind. It is a simple yet captivation rhythm that holds you in the film similar to the way one may feel "stuck" in a dream.
Ultimately, I didn't want to make it about being scared or happy while in between dreams and reality, I simply wanted to offer a film portraying the images and mood while reflecting on such a state.


No comments:

Post a Comment