Thursday, May 2, 2013

Guerilla Girls: Making a Statement

In almost all of my art courses, I have been fortunate to discuss the work of the Guerrilla Girls and the war they are fighting. I have always admired their work, and focus to educate and bring attention to the unbalanced exposure in the art world. 

They explore the truths of "sexism,racism, and corruption in politics, art, film and pop culture, with facts humor and outrageous visuals" (as described on their website ). 

They are known for supporting their masks anytime they are seen, to remain anonymous, and to make a statement while showing up in public, print work,interviews, and the list goes on. 

For me this movement inspires, it is bold and at the same time, long over due so very refreshing. I will be even more excited when I see the work has paid off :)


I could write a lot about the work of these various women but I would rather just post for you all to see. 

SOOO: THE GUERRILLA GIRLS:  









They make the statements:



THEY ASK THE QUESTIONS< AND GIVE THE ANSWERS



THEY HAVE THE FACTS!

not much work left to do but PAY ATTENTION!!





No comments:

Post a Comment